• Isolation, loneliness, meaninglessness and other existential crises
• Phobias and personality disorders
• Relationship issues (past and present), divorce and separation
• Sexuality and gender issues
• Spirituality and loss of faith
• Student issues
• Trauma (past and present), PTSD
• Work related stress
“The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed” Carl Jung.
I am qualified to work with several areas of counselling;
• Abuse, physical, emotional and sexual (past and present)
• Anger Management
• Anxiety, stress and panic
• Bereavement, grief and loss
• Confidence issues
• Depression, low mood and low self-esteem
• Destructive patterns of behaviour
My approaches include modern Psychodynamic (long and short term), Person-Centred (including the Existential and Gestalt), Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Mindfulness, Transactional Analysis and the Transpersonal/Psychosynthesis models.
AVAILABILITY: Mon-Thurs, 10am-8pm (finish), £40 per hour per session (including the initial assessment session). A reduced rate of £25 per hour per session (minimum) is available through negotiation to students and individuals on low income. I will also consider sessions on a Saturday (12noon-6pm) for individuals who cannot attend throughout the working week, although this will be conducted at the full hourly rate of £40 per session. I would ask that clients give at least 48 hours’ notice if they wish to cancel a session (except for emergencies), £25 fee for missed sessions.